Starwood Equine Veterinary Services is closely monitoring the COVID-19 Pandemic and the regularly evolving safety recommendations from various local and state health departments. While this is a trying time, we want to assure you that we will remain open and available for you and your horses.
Starwood is Protecting Your Health
While We Care for Your Horse
Here are details about the actions we are taking to protect your health, and that of our team, while we remain open to care for your horse.
We continue our practices of:
We continue our practices of:
- frequently disinfecting all equipment using a multi-step process. Heightened cleaning protocols that meet or exceed CDC and health agency guidelines are being used to clean the medical supplies we use to provide care for your horse.
- following personal hygiene best practices. Hand washing and personal hygiene are the most effective preventative actions we can take. When combined with social distancing, clean work environments, and personal protective equipment (PPE), these actions become exponentially more effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- supporting our team’s wellbeing with PPE and self-care resources. You’ll notice our team members wearing face masks and in some circumstances face shields. We are using PPE responsibly and with clear guidelines. No employees showing any signs of illness or fever will report to work, handle any supplies you might receive or appear at patient visits.
- monitoring all current guidance and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), American Association of Equine Practitioners, and our local, state, and public health officials.
- providing telemedicine appointments. Just like in human healthcare, a telemedicine appointment is where you consult with one of our doctors, but the Starwood team interacts with you via phone or video.
- social distancing. One of the most effective ways we can prevent the spread of COVID-19 is social distancing. We’ve adjusted our delivery of care and enhanced our communication tools to ensure you receive all the information you need despite not being near our care team.
The American Association of Equine Practitioners has advised the following precautions.
The Starwood team is always conscientious about biosecurity. In these extraordinary times, we are being even more diligent to keep us all healthy. We appreciate your support and understanding and know in working together we will all get through this difficult time.
Please Be Aware
We are experiencing delayed delivery times from our distributors.
Please allow ample lead time when requesting supplies and medications so that we can ensure they arrive on time!
How You Can Help
We are taking the health of our patients, clients, and staff very seriously during this pandemic. You can work with us to mitigate the risk of exposure during this pandemic. Please assist us by adhering to the following safety precautions: